Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding Cupcakes




8 slices bread cubed
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can choose whatever add ins you'd like: apples, pumpkin, raisins, peanut butter, bananas, nuts......)

Preheat 350°

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly. Mix in sour cream and vanilla. Stir in bread cubes making sure to break them up. Add in chocolate chips
Bake for 20-25 minutes




Usually when I make bread pudding I don't follow a recipe so I chose not to do so for these. I used 6 slices of bread but as you can see I wasn't a able to make a full 2 dozen. Also, the cupcakes came out very buttery, so I added 2 more slices to the recipe to compensate.

As for the topping, I just used a half cup of vanilla buttercream and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. You can also use a glaze.

Recipe Links
 Bread Pudding Cupcakes with Lots of Chocolate
 Pumpkin Bread Pudding Cupcakes with Apple Chai Glaze
 Chocolate and Dulce-de-Leche Bread Pudding Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment